Monday, November 1, 2010

The power of DREAMS!

All my roommates are great. That is... except one. We'll call him 'Chris'. Everyone else (EVEN ME!) cleans their pots and pans after they make a meal, they put their dishes in the dish washer, and put away the stuff they used to make a meal.
Not Chris. If it wasn't for us, there would always be 3 or 4 pots/pans in the sink. I'm quite certain he doesn't know we have a dishwasher as he always leaves his dishes out and at best, he puts them in the sink. HELLO! DISH-WASHER!!!! The only work you have to do is opening the door and placing the plate in the slots and your utensils in the little cubby things!
Not only that but he always seems to think he's the only one home and that we all love country blaring from his laptop. I hate other people's music blaring, and I DESPISE country music. And to top it all off, when he isn't blasting tunes of a man fornicating with his pick up, he's eating... (which in turn makes more dirty dishes) VERY LOUDLY. The other day he made a batch of oatmeal while I sat in the living room going over my psych notes. He sits down and slurps up some oatmeal and chews louder than I thought humanly possible.
Long story short, he bugs me. A surprise right that I don't like everyone?

But today... Today my friends, as I took my usual MWF nap between class blocks, I had a dream. In this dream there were some females over to our apartment, talking to Chris of all people. And for some reason, I walked out there and started ripping on him and how he always leaves his crap out and never washes his dishes. I woke up thinking that later that day I would say something like what I said in my dream, but be a little nicer about it since I have to live with him for another 5 months. I put my backpack together for my next set of classes, and opened my bedroom door, and oh my what is this!? Chris had not only unloaded the dishwasher for the first time, but he was cleaning all the pots and pans in the sink (which were all his). I was astounded to say the least.

Maybe I was sleep yelling and actually said all those things and Chris heard it and took note. Maybe my telepathic brainwaves from my dream floated over and enticed him to do the dishes. I don't know. But I'm grateful for whatever it was.

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is part of life. I have had the worst roommates EVER. I asked one of my roommates if she had time to do her dishes or else I would, and it caused a huge fight and she stopped speaking to me. AWKWARD. Usually best to just suck it up and do them. Oh and btw, your roommate can see this since you posted the Louie link on facebook and you can look at the rest of your blog posts. Just fyi.